Search For FREE iClone Content Here!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

How to Make another "Object" Character

Well, I'm back from my 'ol home town, New York City. Man, I really miss the "Big Apple". But that's ok, because I can create my own "Big Apple" character in iClone. You can too. Here's how you do it. It's similar to the "talking tree" method I posted the other day. Simply choose a character. Then go to FACE, MODIFY, choose the MOUTH, and bring the lips/mouth out as far out as you can. SAVE the face. REPEAT the process, over and over, till you get the lips as far out as you need them. The idea is that they will petrude out of the apple. Do the same SAVE and REPEAT process with the EYES, by going to TOOLS, EYES, MODIFY. Bring the eyes forward and you can also make them big if you want by using the scale buttons. Bring the eyes far enough out so they too will stick out of the object (in this case, an apple) , which you'll later affix to the character's TORSO, as an ACCESSORY. Go and grab your apple accessory. If you don't have one, make one as I did using the building blocks. Just remember to copy the finished apple PROP into your ACCESSORIES folder, otherwise you cannot bond it to the character's torso. Now play with the FEET size if you want, and presto ..... a cartoon-like Apple Character! Try it with other fruits/vegetables too, or any object.
And by the way, thanks for all your support. I'm flattered with all the nice Email I'm getting about the blog. Very cool!

Till Next Time ...... "Keep Cloning!" ..... Pauly

CLICK THE PLAYER BELOW TO WATCH "APPLE GUY"